I’m a passionate, fanatic, software designer and creator. I solve users’ problems by creating software solutions using innovation in the small. My expertise is in understanding users’ problems and translating these challenges into beautiful solutions that make people happy and at the end, makes their lives a little easier. These problems are really opportunities to empower users and eliminate the drudgery. I’m against the status quo. I live against the status quo because, in my opinion, creative and innovative solutions are not created following a linear approach but come, in part, from broad experiences in one’s life and an innovative mind.
I’m blessed to have over 24 years of professional software development experience in nine industries including electronic payment industry, real estate, travel & leisure (cruise industry), retail, medical, automotive, banking, legal, and airline. Because of these vast experiences across so many industries, it allows me to see problems as opportunities and come up with ideas that are not the norm in many cases.
I’m available for hire as a consultant if you need help with your software project(s). Or, if you have a problem with your current work or process at work, there may be an opportunity to create a custom-tailored software solution for you.
thomasjaeger at gmail dot com
I have the following expertise:
24 years of professional software development
- 11 years commercial software
- 12 years in-house (IT Departments)
- 11 years as Software Architect
- 25 years as programmer (never stopped programming, never will)
- 10 years of communication with C-Level Executives
- 10 years of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- 19 years of multi-tier architectures
- 19 years of Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- 12 years of Design Patterns (recognizing when and how to use them)
- 9 years of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Many years of Agile, TDD, SCRUM, Cowboy, etc.
- 8 years in Cloud-Based Computing (since AWS S3 beta release in 2006)
- Amazon AWS (S3, EC2, SMS, SQS, CloudFront, SimpleDB, NoSQL, Redis Cloud, etc.)
- Some Microsoft Azure and Google App Services
- 13 years with Microsoft .Net and C# (since version 1.0 in 2001)
- 5 years with Objective-C and Cocoa (iPhone, iPad and iOS since 2008).
- 19 years with Delphi (Delphi 1.0 to latest Delphi XE6)
- Many years of ASP.NET, Web API, WCF, WPF, Winforms, desktop, web, etc.
- 12 years of leadership in roles as chief architect, project manager, team lead, owner